Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CONTROL CENTRE 4  (Read 98285 times)

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

CONTROL CENTRE 4
    « on: January 17, 2018, 04:33:38 AM »
    I use CC4 for scanning. If I scan an attachment to an email (using Outlook) , I cannot open that attachment BEFORE I send the email (after sending, I can go into my sent box and have no problems in opening the attachment I sent). The problem is in being able to open the attachment (eg to double check I am going to send the correct attachment) before sending the email. I used to be able to do this. I have spoken to Brother CC4 who say it is likely to be an issue with Outlook. Can anyone help?

Salmon Trout

Re: CONTROL CENTRE 4
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:37:16 AM »

Clear the contents of Outlook Secure Temporary File folder and Temporary Internet Files folder and check if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817878

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:05:49 AM »
      Thanks, Salmon Trout.

I am up to date on my MS updates (so the hotfix for clearing the contents of Outlook Secure Temporary File folder should have come through  in the next Service Pack) and already regularly delete  Temporary Internet Files folder.

Unfortuneately, I still have the problem!

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:25:52 AM »
      Can you scan to an image file, inspect that file, and then attach it to an email? That is what we have to do at my work.

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »
        I scan to an image and then attach to an email - but I have the same problem ie I can't open the attachment/image before I send the email!

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 01:44:30 PM »
        Let me get this right. You do a scan, and arrange that the scanning software saves the image to a chosen folder (for example in My Pictures). Now, before you even go near your email app, are you saying you can't view that image in Windows? Before it gets in an email?

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 05:00:36 AM »
          I can see the image ok in Control Centre 4 - Scan. However, once I attach that image to an email I cannot view that attachment from the email view. When I click on the attachment (in the 'Attachment' box) it doesn't open. Once the email has been sent I  can go back into my sent Box and open the email ok.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]