Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD "type" crash, But NOT "blue" screen, rather red or green or ...  (Read 3385 times)

Rogueblue

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Good day

I've had this problem for over a year now. I don't get the infamous BSOD Bluescreen of dead, but what I get is mostly either a Green screen, or a Red screen, occasionally just a white screen, and rarely a blue screen ... and then system just completely freezes, and I am forced to hit the hard reset button and reboot. This only seems to happen on the external monitor, the laptops actual monitor mostly retains it's last display, but the system is frozen,
    I haven't been able to find anything specific that sets this off. It happens randomly, whether via browsing web on any browser, or just navigating within Windows itself. A simple click or right-click can set it off. It seems completely random. Sometimes would happen frequently, like twice in one hour, at other times it might not happen for a day or 2 or 3, then suddenly bang!
    It ONLY happens when an external monitor is attached. And it's only the external monitor that changes colour (either green, or red, or white, sometimes blue or even just black), but whole system freezes, and need to reboot.
    On occasion before, but not recently at all, I did get a Nvidia error code:3 " ... Nvidia OpenGL driver detected a problem with display driver and is unable to continue. This application must close."
    But again, that was long ago, got it a few times randomly, but not recently while these issues have been occusring. Just mentioning, as I don't know if it has anything to do with it all.

I've read many threads and tried many things over last year, updating/upgrading latest drivers, downgrading to old drivers, trying different antivirus software, changing hardware display cables, tweaking and switching off certain elements of the Nvidia graphics card settings. All drivers and software up to date.
    I am so frustrated with this, just want to drop this laptop on the rubbish dump lol.

Hoping someone might recognize this and have the magic bullet explanation and solution to solve and put this beast of an issue to rest once and for all.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

My pc/laptop specs:

System Model   Dell System XPS L502X
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    Ram: 8GIG

Image files, System info and dump file attached

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:34:46 AM by Rogueblue »

gameperson

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: BSOD "type" crash, But NOT "blue" screen, rather red or green or ...
      « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »
      What is the stop error code?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: BSOD "type" crash, But NOT "blue" screen, rather red or green or ...
      « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
      Why are you rescuing old Topics ? ?
      He hasn't replied since February...
      Cut it out.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "