Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got a iPad as a gift, can not get mail.  (Read 8852 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Got a iPad as a gift, can not get mail.
« on: February 18, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »
A fiend age me here old iPad as a gift. She set up a i cloud account for me. On my PC  I can get the email.

I ask Seri to get  my email  and she tells me I do not have an App called mail.
I tried getting an app and they want me to  it.
What-am I doing wrong?
How can I get my e-mail on my  iPad?
Seri does not understand me.   :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Got a iPad as a gift, can not get mail.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:27:25 AM »
The first thing you're doing wrong is not proofreading your posts. I've asked you many times before - if you are going to use voice-to-text, at least have the courtesy to proof and correct your posts.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Got a iPad as a gift, can not get mail.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:24:08 AM »
Thank you Alan for your patience. I have a hard time with everything. Right now even my voice recognition software is nagging me that needs major Dinsmore training. It is very, very irritating. It wants me to read a long story that's written in itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny type font.
And then the spelling correction that sin this browser nags me about words that are possible or permissible in speech recognition but not recognize by my browsers spellchecker. So, after a while, I feel like giving up on the spellchecking stuff.
Anyway, about mine problem with the iPad.
It is very hard to satisfy the requirements for the iPad to get an e-mail account up. The iPad has a feature that I like, you can magnify almost anything on the screen. Except when you're trying to start up an e-mail client. It hides the password and then the type font is again a teeny-weeny itsy-bitsy little font that a person with low vision cannot see.
When will computer manufacturers realize that about 20% of the people that buy tablet computers are hoping that the tablet will enlarge the font and make it visible for people with low vision problems. Apple and Microsoft and the others are shortchanging about 20% of the elderly population by not making it user-friendly for people that have vision problems.
I don't need a itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny font when I am entering a password or answering a question. There's nobody looking over my shoulder, I'm not in a public place, I'm in the privacy of my home and I'm by myself and I like the font to be huge so I can tell what it's saying.
Thank you for letting me rant. This am doing with the speech recognition unit and I'm not even going to try to proofread it. It looks good to me and if I go back and try to proofread it it will take me three times as long to post it. And I do catch a mistake and try to corrected I'll make it worse.
20 stand my problem, try bringing up your screen on your TV set and then sitting as far away from LSU can, like about 40 feet or so and try to edit something that's written in a very small font.
Again, thank you for your patience. I go to this forum because I'm pretty sure they would not let me stay on any other form out there.
I will probably have to forget about ever using my iPad to check my e-mail. Unless there is an e-mail client that's much more friendly and issued a use that what I have found so far.