Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet crawling, new window has multiple tabs  (Read 2580 times)

Cricket

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Internet crawling, new window has multiple tabs
    « on: February 27, 2018, 04:23:17 AM »
    After 15 minutes of use, the internet slows to almost non-responsive. After re-start, I get a window with 9-10 tabs. Please let me know how to post computer basic info. Thanks very much.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Internet crawling, new window has multiple tabs
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
    For starters we need some more information.

Make/Model of computer ( Plus any upgrades you have done since if its an off the shelf brand model, if its a custom built computer all the specs )?
    Do you have a antivirus and are the definitions up to date and does it scan with no problems detected?
    Have you run Malwarebytes on it to verify that the browser hasn't been hijacked?
    What browser are you using?
    When did this problem start ( such as any other useful information to help target the cause of your issue such as the computer was dropped or it was infected but is clean now etc )?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Internet crawling, new window has multiple tabs
    « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 08:09:45 AM »
    ALSO - you say "on restart" you get a "window" with 9-10 tabs. I assume you mean a browser opens. If so:

Restart of what - the browser or the computer?

If the latter, do you mean the browser opens on its own?

What is in the tabs?