Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 & NVIDIA  (Read 6626 times)

parviz66

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows 10 & NVIDIA
    « on: February 27, 2018, 05:05:36 AM »
    Good morning everybody,

My system is an intel core i5-2400 CPU 3.10GHZ - Ram 4 GB 64bit x 64. Windows 10 operating system

I have several questions, but this is in brief what happened:

a) Few days there was a Microsoft general on-line update of the system Windows 10 I have. It went fine.
    b) Anyway, now I have some problems with my graphic card (i.e. not possible to get access to some games as SIM CITY).
    c) My graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce GT370. I have three applications in my computer: 1) NVIDIA 3D vision driver 355.82; 2) NVIDIA graphic driver 355.82 and 3) NVIDIA physX system software 9.15.042
    d) I tried to update them, but the system pointed out an error and it was not possible to do so.
    e) I went to NVIDIA site and I tried to know the state of my GPU. The site told me to update the java system. I did from ORACLE site, but it updated only Java 32-bit. So again, it was not possible to update the drivers.
    f) I downloaded but not installed the NVIDIA GeForce 391.01 WHQL driver.

Therefore:

a) What should I do? Download the Java 64 bit from another site? Install the new downloaded drivers?

Someone could help me to solve the issue?

Thanks a lot in advance

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 10 & NVIDIA
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »
    The java issue only happens when trying to use their detection system. If you select your driver manually from list you will be able to download it. I ran into same issue with my one Windows 10 system when trying to get a Geforce 9800 GT card to get drivers through their site. Additionally I installed the java and it still had issues so I had to manually select my video card from list which was of a series.

Your video card you state is a 370, but I am curious if its actually a 730. If its a GT 730 then you want the 700 series drivers for Windows 10 64 bit. If you run into problems trying to actually install it once you have this driver then you will want to go in and uninstall the prior driver software, reboot the computer to which Windows will give it a generic driver, then install the driver clean which should work successfully.

Note: On my system it looks like Edge Browser is having an issue with the manual selection of drivers, so I switched to my Firefox browser on same system and was able to select the driver that way. Pic below shows the selection for getting the driver for the GT 730. ( You could install the firefox browser to get around this issue like I just did. )

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

parviz66

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
      Thanks a lot for this.

I will go through your kind and detailed reply and I will let you know. Maybe as you pointed out, the video card code is GT730 and not GT370. Apologies.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:40:38 PM »
      New drivers are not always better drivers...
      It's best to use drivers from the card manuf. site in my experience.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "