Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor computer trouble  (Read 4241 times)

MotMon`

Monitor computer trouble
« on: August 04, 2004, 01:17:58 PM »
After successfully restoring my Windows 98SE everything worked perfectly but then three days later I started my computer and nothing would appear on the screen. The computer and Monitor were on, I checked everything. The computer's HDD light would stay on for a few seconds and nothing would happen. I tried the monitor with another computer and it worked, so is my computer video card messed up or what happened?? ???. Now once again my computer doesn't work what should I do :-/

merlin_2

Re: Monitor computer trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:39:43 PM »
start from the begeining have you updated your ram sticks graphics played with the bios mobo pcu psu etc... any beeps from pc on boot any post screen more info..helps

MotMon`

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 09:24:46 PM »
No, I actually havent done anything I have just used it for school work. And just stopped working. It doesnt make any beeps it just stays on.  If it helps the computer is a Compaq DeskPro with a intel Pentium MMX
and 19.2 GB hard disk space.

Today i noticed that repeatedly tuning on and off the computer will rarely get it to work and start windows but I dont know what else to do. ???

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 04:46:18 AM »
See if replacing the Power Supply Unit will solve your problem. Turning it off and on will only make the problem more persistent.

MotMon`

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 05:18:51 PM »
I changed the PSU and it makes no difference. The PSU is fairly big and supplies around 300 Watts but I have tried disconencting some of the cards like Modems, Sound Card, Ethernet Card etc, but it makes no difference. I dont know what to do.....

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 05:44:44 PM »
boot to safe mode f8 key  go to the control panel power options and set them to never...this should load win98 with 16 colours vga mode have you got directx loaded? type msinfo32 in the run bos also it will tell you your graphics card on board or card...have you buildt this pc form scratch...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 05:52:16 PM by merlin_2 »

MotMon`

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 09:21:47 PM »
I didn't build the PC from scratch I bought it like that.