Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Keyboard Shortcuts not working...  (Read 1887 times)

golden_veil

Help! Keyboard Shortcuts not working...
« on: December 28, 2005, 09:47:01 PM »
Simple keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-c, and alt-tab are not working at all, in any program whatsoever...

How do I restore the defaults or fix the problem?

Dell4700

Re: Help! Keyboard Shortcuts not working...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:49:10 PM »
Have you tried another keyboard?

What changes were made (if any) when this problem began?

Dell

veshing

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 11:15:43 PM »
Are you on a fresh install of windows?  It may be your keyboard is set to the wrong contry code.  Check Regional and Language options in control pannel.  Under the Language tab, click details and make sure that is in fact your keyboard layout.

andrei

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 02:16:27 AM »
I guess I have a similar problem (sure it is not a hardware): every time I restart my computer my standard keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+S, Ctrl+A are changed for something like Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Del, etc. => and I have to again and again re-assign hot keys, customize them manually every time after restarting... Please help figure it out...

thx,
andrei

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 03:50:28 AM »
You should never have to do all of this changing hot keys, etc. You may have made it tougher by trying to correct the problem in this manner.

Start by making sure you are free of spyware/adware/virii. We can start from there.

Spybot
AdAware
Any good virus scanner except Norton
Ewido

Google and download, update and run.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:08:57 AM by GX1_Man »