Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pls. help-my PC freezes after hardware detection  (Read 8106 times)

tarsus

pls. help-my PC freezes after hardware detection
« on: January 01, 2006, 10:49:32 PM »
I'm having an old PC and it could no longer load its OS.After i boot it detects all the hardwares and freezes it could not get to load its OS.My OS is XPSP1.this is inconsistent.it loads the OS smetimes but most of the times it doesn't.

GX1_Man

Re: pls. help-my PC freezes after hardware detecti
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 06:07:39 AM »
The most important thing is what happened to it. Did it have spyware/adware/virus prot3ection in place and being used? What computer make/model? How old is it? Are you the only user of this machine? Has anyhone been monkeying around inside the case? What are the computer specifications - RAM, hard drive, etc.

Just a few details like this would be helpful so we are not left to guess.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:07:59 AM by GX1_Man »

tarsus

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:58:29 PM »
The most important thing is what happened to it. Did it have spyware/adware/virus prot3ection in place and being used? What computer make/model? How old is it? Are you the only user of this machine? Has anyhone been monkeying around inside the case? What are the computer specifications - RAM, hard drive, etc.

Just a few details like this would be helpful so we are not left to guess.

yes it has virus /spyware and adware protection its not even connected to the net.
its a P3 866mhz assus mobo. its 4 yrs. old .hehe bit outdated.the last thing i change was the monitor.it worked for a few weeks and after that i get this problem.also i observed that is prompts an error on the kboard being not detected or something like not compatible.

thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:55:23 AM »
<<i observed that is prompts an error on the kboard being not detected or something like not compatible. .>

The exact error messages are more helpful. I think you need to do several things. A P3 866 is not that ancient and perhaps that machine has some more good years in it.

Remove the CMOS battery to clear the BIOS for 10 minutes, then reinstall.

Use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse for this drill.

remove and reseat all cards and RAM.

Do you have a legal XP CD? It may be time to reinsall. If you have any important data on the drive back it up.

Again, posting details on motherboard, RAM, etc. is helpful.

WIndows will not fix bad hardware, but you may have other configuration problems.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 09:29:48 PM by GX1_Man »

Roofvogel

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:41:20 AM »
You might need to upgrade your chipset drivers.

tarsus

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 08:47:20 PM »
thanks
i'll try your solutions.

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 08:48:40 PM »
Don't forget to post back with the outcome - good or bad.  ;)

J0K3R

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 09:25:52 PM »
Do you mean that when you turn it on the machine freezes after the memory check and auto ide detect on initial startup

I agree with  GX1 the machine should have a cpl of good years left in it
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 09:26:41 PM by J0K3R »