Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: idiotically formatted my 200GB hard drive.  (Read 2292 times)

seedless

Topic Starter

Rookie
    idiotically formatted my 200GB hard drive.
    « on: January 05, 2006, 04:59:15 PM »
    Well I idiotically formatted my 200GB hard drive.

I don’t want to tell you a story, just the point that I accidentally formatted it, but the good thing was I stopped it at the thirteen percent of the format and shut down the computer, so I think I can salvage the rest of the data.

I know I lost a lot of data.

But I’m going to use some programs to recover it.

The point of the matter is that I cannot get the 200GB hard drive to load With my 80 gig hard drive that has the windows XP operating system.

and the tools I need to recover the data.

every time I try to load the 200GB hard drive with the 80 gig with the os.

I get an error “cannot load operating system”

the 80 gig will load by itself but as I said now with the 200 gig

I tried setting the jumpers to master and slave also cable select and I even tried setting the 80 gig on the primary IDE cable And the 200 gig On the secondary IDE cable.

*censored* I still Can’t get it to load of with my 80 gig hard drive Which has the software I need to recover the data on my 200 gig Maxtor, without getting the error

“cannot load operating system”

I think when I formatted the hard drive it Installed windows drivers and files that are conflicting with my 80 gig hard drives loading process.

It is there any programs bootable devices That I can use To force The 200 gig hard drive to load with the 80 gig which has the recovery programs and the os.

GX1_Man

Re: idiotically formatted my 200GB hard drive.
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »
    DOUBLE POST

I know you are desperate, but one post is enough. It keeps the confusion down and points all the help in the right direction. Please see responses to the other one.  ;)