Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDD Full size not recognized  (Read 2369 times)

Score

HDD Full size not recognized
« on: January 06, 2006, 05:51:14 AM »
  :-? Can anyone explain me what to do? Ok, I have archaic computer - PIII 633Mhz, with something like 400MB ram, - I can try to supply more info if neccessary, and I am using it only to burn my DVDs. Recently I got new HDD Samsung SP 2014n PATA 200GB, and instaled it almost successfuly. Almost, because it's full size is not recocnized, but only 137 GB?! Why?! It is properly connected to primary IDE ultra DMA 5, I checked for bad sectors and nothing. I'm kind of thinking this computer is not technicaly capable of seeing HDD biger than 137 GB, but would like if someone much more knowledgeable than me (only standard user) can confirm this (I still have one day lef to return the drive to the store and excange it for a smaller one) or explain me what to do.  

Thanks,

Sone

GX1_Man

Re: HDD Full size not recognized
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »
It's an OS limitation. What OS are you using? WinXP with SP2 can do the fiull drive size. ANythjing less and you will have to set up multiple partition on the drive, which is not necessarily a abad thing. There are some workarounds, but do you need 200 gig all on one drive if you can getr 137 + 63, for instance?

Again all 200 gig will be available.

Computer_Commando