Other > Reviews and recommendations

Wireless laptop conections

<< < (4/5) > >>

jbubb:
Thanks, Dave, I was hoping someone would Ok my choice or offer their opinion. I will check it out. I had decided to go back to the 8 GB ram because one of my Desktops has 8 and it streams videos very good. That would knock the price back down to $349. instead of $429. The reason for that is if I get a stinker, I won't lose more bucks. Price isn't too much of an obstacle except for pleasing the wifey. ;D

PS: OK, I went and selected what you said and it hiked the price back to $429 which is what I almost did anyway. My only problem with what you suggested is the processor power. It drops it from 3.1-3.7 GHz to a 2.0-3.4 GHz. Does the 4 core make it that much better? BTW, they have a AMD Ryzen 5 2500u Quad-core (2GHz to 3.6GHz + AMD RADEON Vega 6 graphics and it's the same price. Is the Ryzen 5 not better than the Ryzen 3? I know this is a silly question but why do they say 4 cores instead of Quad core. They do that twice in the selection boxes to customize.?

jbubb:
I have to back up on what I said about the Ryzen 5, it's $125 more and the 3 is $80. I called sales and got the warranty info and asked why 4 core and quad-core is mentioned just for kicks. We know it's the same and that's what he said. So when the wifey gets home I'll get her OK. Boy am I PWed. ;D

jbubb:
OK, Dave. I ordered the AMD Ryzen™ 3 2300U (2 GHz, up to 3.4GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)+AMD Radeon™ Vega 6 Graphics this afternoon. I'll keep you updated if you want me too. Delivery is about May 11.

Geek-9pm:
For what it's worth.
Anybody that only needs to watch videos and movies over internet can save a lot of money by NOT putting dollars into any laptop or desktop. Just get a ROKU and plug it into almost any modern TV set. It requires a wireless Internet connection. ;D

But if you are a game player... that's a different thing.  8)

jbubb:
I hear you on the ROKU Geek but I want it for the portable convenience as much as anything. I want it for on the road and to sit in my easy chair and watch sports or do other things while the wifey is tying up the TV. I used to go to my computer and do these things but have a physical problem and have trouble sitting at the computer for too long. Besides, laptops are great for vacations. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version