Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC card S video out to PC card S video in question  (Read 2007 times)

Chomot

PC card S video out to PC card S video in question
« on: January 25, 2006, 01:35:31 PM »
I have a computer at work on a secure network.  It is a mission critical PC operating machinery that is isolated for security and reliability reasons from the main company network that connects internal and external to the internet etc.  I need to share the run data screen during operation of the machinery with other users on the wide area network located in different parts of the country.  So the transmit time has to be pretty fast to be useful.

The other day I tried an idea.  I installed a nVidia e-GeForce MX4000 video card in the machinery controls computer and an ATI Wonder Pro video capture card in a common company networked computer.  I used an S video cable to connect the two cards, S video signal out from the controls PC run into the S video port of the common PC.   The goal was to get the controls machinery operation screen into a common company networked PC so that I can share the data screen via SameTime or MS Net meeting with others on the company network.

The results after much trial and error to optimize the quality of the captured screen was that the captured video on the common PC was a bit fuzzy and slightly out of focus looking.  I then tried to share that captured screen on SameTime and MS Net meeting and the result was blank.  The captured screen would not show up on the PC I tried to transmit the data to not matter what setting I tried.

My question is, obviously I cannot get this concept to work.  Does anyone have any ideas that may help it work.

And is there a better way or products I can get to achieve the same objective of capturing video from one PC to another.

Thanks for the help

Dave