Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can i host pc game?  (Read 3275 times)

rifer47

How can i host pc game?
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »
      Hi every one, im here to hope some one can solve my problem. i m playing warcraft 3 and i want to host a custom game. but after i did creat a game, no body had joined. i asked my friends and they said i have to turn off my firewall. however, the problem is i cant turn off it, i dont know how and where. so plz help me

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: How can i host pc game?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 11:23:57 PM »
This all really depends on the type of firewall you have and/or if you have a firewall. There are two types of firewalls, a software firewall (a program running on your computer acting as a firewall) and a hardware firewall (often a network router for home users).

If you have Windows XP it does include a firewall and you can find information about enabling and disabling it through the below document.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000551.htm

Also many anti-virus programs such as Norton and McAfee include their own firewall, if you have one of these you may want to disable it by opening the properties of the program. Unfortunately it's different depending on which version of the program you're running.

Finally, if you have a network router it's likely acting as a firewall. I don't recommend you disable it. However, you can open up whatever ports are required for the game to run. Information about how to do this can be found in your network router documentation.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein