Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bad hard drive? or bad motherboard?  (Read 2445 times)

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
Bad hard drive? or bad motherboard?
« on: February 05, 2006, 07:58:31 AM »
I decided to make this computer, but for insurance I hired somebody to intall it all. It has responded badly since day 1.  The last time I got it back it worked for a week, then yesterday System Mechanic called for a system scan, and when it rebooted all it would get was the black screen,   mothboard diagnosis, and then the blue screen, from which it refused to budge.

I reseated he memory and disconnected eveything to test the motherboard and still it wouldn't  go past the blue screen.  So I ran System Mechanic's drive scrubber, then the 6 start up disks from Microsoft, and the tried to installed the windows XP home CD.   It gave me log in choices,  none of which worked of course because I had scrubbed it. But there I am now, with the XP Home CD in the Drive , whose blue light is on, but when I boot up it won't load the CD.

Do I have a bad hard drive or a bad motherboard?

Sandy        

GX1_Man

Re: Bad hard drive? or bad motherboard?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:08:19 AM »
A Windows installation will not fix improperly performing hardware. Give us some more details about your system for real assistance.

Did the person building it have any responsibility after tthe fact, or any experience before?