Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help setting up router + wireless router  (Read 2081 times)

deathchariot

Help setting up router + wireless router
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:55:35 PM »
I've been having problems setting up my WRT54G, here is my situation.

I want to have my normal router and my wireless router plugged in at the same time. The ethernet cable that came with my wireless router is going from my original router to my wireless router (into the internet slot) - and the ethernet cable from the back of my computer (ethernet card) is going into slot number one of my new wireless router.

I go through the set-up on the disk, and I have all the lights working on my wireless router - power, WLAN, 1 slot, and Internet light. My normal router is working perfectly with this set-up, and the two computers attached to it are working fine. Now, when I run the wireless router cd set-up, it makes it through all the steps until the point where it checks for internet connection where it fails.

I thought it was Zone Alarm blocking the routers connection, so I disabled it - I still fail on the connection test.

Any suggestions on how to get both working properly would be greatly appreciated!

GX1_Man

Re: Help setting up router + wireless router
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »
Tell us why you want two routers. It can certainly complicate things.