Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My mouse wont move horizontally  (Read 4439 times)

lr42069

My mouse wont move horizontally
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:21:10 PM »
ok, ive tried to do a few things but i cannot get my mouse to move left or right....however it will move vertically just fine.  This just happened out of nowhere a few weeks ago.  if i try to move left or right the mouse barely moves, it just kinda jerks to the left of the screen, and there is no way to drag it back to the right, the more you try the more it slowly sucks it to the left of the screen.....i cleaned out my mouse and made sure that the rollers could be read because its a ball mouse.....what could be my problem and how do I fix it???? thanks

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: My mouse wont move horizontally
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 11:38:10 PM »
    made sure that the rollers could be read
    If the ball is clean & the rollers are clean & free to turn and the problem persists then it is probably a broken wire just near the mouse entry point.
    This can be fixed but really a new laser type mouse with one of those new fangled scroll wheels is the way to go.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:50:19 PM »
      lr42069......  It certainly sounds like there is lint or hair wrapped around one of the rollers.....( it doesn't take much ) however , if the problem presists ....do as Fed suggests and get "one of those new fangled scroll wheels" LOL
      They are cheap .......

dl65  ::)  
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:02:37 AM »
      Agreed. New mouse time, WHATEVER the cause of this malady.  ;)