Microsoft > Windows 10 and 11

Cannot get rid of blank page when logging on

(1/1)

debby:
I hope everyone here had a very Merry Christmas! I do not know what happened to my computer, did get an update, however, that is not supposed to change things. Now when I click onto Google Chrome, a page comes up and says "about blank". I X it out and there is Google Chrome. How can I can rid of this annoying blank page? I have searched and searched and cannot get the answer. You guys are on top of everything so I thought I'd ask you. Can you tell me what to do...I need to get rid of this blank page? Thanks in advance!

SuperDave:
Merry Christmas. You could search for your favourite home page such as MSN or others and then set it as your home page in Settings.

debby:
That's the thing. I have Google Chrome set as my home page but the blank page comes up first. Confusing me. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Microsoft updated a few months ago and when I went to start page, instead of Google Chrome, it gave me Edge. I did figure that one out and corrected it. This, just no reasoning I can figure.

Allan:
Try one of these potential fixes:

1) Go to menu - Settings. Scroll down to the "On startup" section and select either "Open the New Tab page" or delete about:blank from the web pages that open on startup, or
2) Open the page(s) you want displayed on startup. Then go to the same setting as above and choose "open a specific set of pages" - then "use current pages"

patio:
switch to Firefox///

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version