Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: broadcom 4211 iLine10(tm) Network Adapter  (Read 4045 times)

george

broadcom 4211 iLine10(tm) Network Adapter
« on: February 21, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »
what is this ..... i had a linksys wireless network card on my cpu....i had to reinstall windows and now it doesnt recognize it.....however it does show a broadcom 4211 iline 10 network adapter what ever that is....also i removed my dial up modem to install the wireless andthe dial up modem is showing up under my installed hardware.....................cansomeone help me please

george

Re: broadcom 4211 iLine10(tm) Network Adapter
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 01:38:58 PM »
when i look it up on the device manager it says driver not installed.  code 28

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:43:02 PM »
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=125174#XSLTH3503121122120121120120

You need to load the correct driver for this device. Download it and install through Device Manager, Properties,Update Driver. If you don't knowyour network adapter, use Everest (it's free) to identify:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

What happened prior to all of this?

Delete the modem if it is uninstalled physically next, then reboot.

What happens?

george

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 07:19:39 PM »
you guys are awesome. anway, i have 3 computers in my house.  a laptop,a desktop ,  and another desktop in another end of the house.
the laptop and mydesktop are from gateway bothwith lynksys wireless cards in each of these. i have both of these linked to the other computer through a microsoft wireless router ...bas station...
my laptop and the other gateway are bothworking together to the point that i can transferr files and share printers a ok.

the problem is the other cp.. it is a hp with a hard, ehternet card made by realtek..connected directly to the router....they all work online ......but the other two will not recognize the hp. and the hp will not recognize the other two.....i

i want to get these all to where i can transferr bween all three ....what i doing wrong