Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re-adding a Deleted Outlook Account  (Read 2855 times)

adventurer

Re-adding a Deleted Outlook Account
« on: February 21, 2006, 08:12:52 PM »
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP.   Hello - I accidentally removed my Outlook account.  However the .ost and .pst files are still on my computer so the data is still there.  How do I configure Outlook to bring my account back to life?

What I was trying to do was add a POP3 account in Outlook to access my messages I get from Gmail.  So I wanted to delete my old account that used to be connected through Exchangce before I added the POP3 acount for Gmail.  I stupidly didn't realize that removing it would make my data go away.  I want to get my old data back and then also import all my messages from Gmail.  

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:31:04 PM by adventurer »

T-Chai

Re: Re-adding a Deleted Outlook Account
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 06:51:20 AM »
Back you files first and try installing and reinstalling the application
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 06:52:00 AM by T-Chai »

adventurer

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:28 AM »
Thx for the reply. Actually, let me clarify and see if you still recommend that.   Outlook is still running as an app just find.  I just removed the specific account within Outlook that displayed my data.  

Knowing that, if you still recommend the same, how would uninstalling and reinstalling the application allow me to see my data again?

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 11:11:31 AM »
    There must be nothing with your data. Removing accaount can't harm your data. Just try to use Impotr/Export from the File menu to bring back your .pst and .ost files...You didn't need to remove the account to set up pop access for gmail. Here's the step by step pop configuration for 2003.
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278&topic=1555

Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!