Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need to turn touchpad back on  (Read 2668 times)

misssdcol

Need to turn touchpad back on
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:23:30 PM »
Toshiba Satellite laptop, model M40-M45
I was/am having on going problems with the shift key (but that's another story).  In an effort to resolve that issue, I follwed a suggestion to disable the touchpad.  Like an idiot I did, and now my laptop is useless because I have no way to get the cursor moving.  Please tell me there's something I can do!  Any ideas?  Please!

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Need to turn touchpad back on
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »
According to [highlight]this[/highlight][/u] there is an inbuilt utility to enable/disable the touchpad.

I don't know the name of the utility but looks likely you can get a copy [highlight]here.[/highlight][/u]

Edit:  But wait, there's more...  There are Toshiba forums [highlight]here[/highlight][/u], one of them specifically for the Satellite range.  Not trying to get rid of you but you might like to register there and post your query for the Satellite buffs.

Good luck
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 08:21:47 PM by Dusty »
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Backdated

Re: Need to turn touchpad back on
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 07:09:57 AM »
The Synaptics touchpad can be enabled/disabled via the BIOS. There are also a comprehensive set of controls under Control Panel>Mouse>Touchpad.