Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: strange noise from the box  (Read 2316 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    strange noise from the box
    « on: March 15, 2006, 04:44:08 PM »
    Hi,

I've got a problem here and wonder if anyone may be able to help me here. This morning i heard a noise coming out from my PC box. Sounds like emergency alarm siren from the box. I then restarted it hoping the noise would go away. And it worked (the noise stops). However, up until now, i'm still puzzled by it thinking how on earth would a pc desktop produce such a noise like that. This is my first time. What i've also done is check the event by going to event viewer. There are 3 items on the list.
    Note: i only focused on date between 15/3 and 16/3 because any other days before today were fine.
    1. Application - seem normal except got a warning on 16/3 i.e today from MySQL
    2. security - None
    3. System - seems fine(just information)

I don't know what's caused it. so i hope someone would be able to help me.

Thank you in advance

Backdated

Re: strange noise from the box
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »
    Are any alarms set in your BIOS?

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:58:41 PM »
      Thank you BackDated for your reply.

> Are any alarms set in your BIOS?

hmm... not sure, how do i go to BIOS again?

Have you had any experience of that before? coz i want to know what that noise indicates (whether software or hardware problems).

Thank you in advance

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:04:08 PM »
      Pressing the Delete, F1, F2, F10 or a handful of other keys, depending on type will get you into the BIOS as a rule.
      Yes I have experienced it and it's usually down to poor sensors and/or parameters being set too tightly.

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
        Hi Backdated,

Ok, i can try it but before i do it. I think in some ways, it's good to have the alarm on as it tells there is somethng unusual happening rather than nothing at all. Am i right? what do you suggest me to do?

And, how to fix it then? should i just restart the computer or there is a better way of handling this situation?

Thank you

Backdated

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 08:04:20 PM »
        Most sensors leave a lot to be desired and can very soon become a pita!
        The system will shut down to protect itself if critical levels are approached.