Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cant share printer  (Read 2583 times)

fuzzypumpkins

cant share printer
« on: March 21, 2006, 06:22:06 PM »
What should I do.  I have gone through everything that I can think of.  Here is my setup to help.

1). computer #1 in my brothers room(has wireless router and modem attached to his pc)
2). computer #2 in my room(connected to the router by ethernet cable)
3). computer #3 in the basement(connected to the router by wireless card)
4). printer connected to computer#3 by a usb cable.

What am I doing wrong.  Everytime I try to print from computer#2(where I'm typin now), it says connection problem.  What gives I tell ya, what gives!

Mystik1982

Re: cant share printer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »
Can computer #1 print to the printer?  Or is just #2 the only one having this issue?

fuzzypumpkins

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »
actually, I redid the setup

pc#2 is the main pc with modem and router
pc#3 connected to router with wireless card
pc#1 is connected to router with ethernet cable

I uninstalled the printer from all computers.  I'm starting over.  And the reason I relocated the router is because my brother went to florida and he has a password on his pc and i can't get on.  So his pc is kinda out of the picture right now.

Mystik1982

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 08:50:50 PM »
If you really want on your brothers machine, for some reason.  Go here and follow the steps,

http://www.grape-info.com/doc/win2000srv/security/ntpasswd.html

you can reset his password without knowing it.  It would be easier to just ask him though and get permission, he could always change it later.

Why did you change the location of the router just because he has a password protected machine?

Well, let us know if you resolve the issue or need assitance.

;D

Backdated

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »
@Mystik1982:
If my brother had tampered with my machine without my permission, he would find himself in BIG trouble! I'm not sure if the link to that bootdisk is a good idea either.
Please think before posting.

cigarman

Intermediate
    « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 05:23:54 PM »
    Did you ever managed to share the printer?  I note that your printer is connectec by usb but are you running any NT machines? They are not usb compatible.

cigarman

Mystik1982

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 06:27:08 PM »

It would be easier to just ask him though and get permission

Backdated,  I believe that's why I put this in my post.  I was not by any means agreeing with him gaining unauthorized access to his brothers machine.  However the program could be used with his brothers consent.

Also the bootdisk on that link is safe and has been tested.  I've used it a lot on clients machines that I need to repair that no longer remember their passwords.

:)

fuzzypumpkins

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 07:02:26 PM »
    problem fixed, we used network magic and it fixed the problem(don't know why) but it worked.  And now I can print and share files.  Peace.