Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unknown Virus Makes My Window Pop Up  (Read 3080 times)

darkangel616

Unknown Virus Makes My Window Pop Up
« on: April 10, 2006, 07:20:13 PM »
I recently acquired a virus which caused various computer windows to disappear and reappear both from the start bar and from my screen. I've scanned for and removed it many times but it keeps coming back. What's wrong? Does anyone know what virus this is?

GX1_Man

Re: Unknown Virus Makes My Window Pop Up
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »
What virus removal tool are you using? What virus is it? It is always best to do this in safe mode with system restore off.  ;)

darkangel616

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »
I'm using Windows Defender and I have no idea what virus it is... Does anyone know of ANY viruses that could do this? It also prevented me from opening the window that it was making disappear. The start bar also restarted itself several times. And how do you turn system restore off???  :-?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:26:48 PM by darkangel616 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »
    darkangel616....  Which Anti virus application do you have installed on your machine ? .....   ie. , Norton , McAfee , AVG , Panda , and so on ..... Windows Defender is not a anti virus .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

darkangel616

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 07:29:52 PM »
    oh, i have norton but it hasn't detected anything

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »
      Why am I not surprised? Please download all programs mentioned in the thread linked below except Panda and Killbox - you won't need them for this. Run all programs except HijackThis, remove all viruses they find. Run HijackThis after the others are done. Zip the logfile it creates and attach the ZIP in your next post.

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1144089645/0
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 08:13:30 PM »
      Always update the program first THEN boot to Safe Mode to run it WITH system restore turned off.  ;)