Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Trouble  (Read 1957 times)

treed2

Monitor Trouble
« on: May 13, 2006, 02:09:59 PM »
I am having trouble with three monitors at work.  I have a Matrox etv card in all three.  Suddenly, when I turn on my pc's in the morning, all three monitors when they get into windows show vertical lines, and are very blurry.  After about 15 minutes, they slowly get back to normal and are very sharp.  They are fine the rest of the day.  This only happens upon boot up.  All monitors are 17 inch viewsonic's.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Monitor Trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 03:09:12 PM »
How old are the monitors? Are they on metal shelves? Any magnets nearby? Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware? Can you try using a different monitor from those three on one of the computers so we can see what's causing the issue? Have you or anyone else made any changes to your system recently?

Flame

treed2

Re: Monitor Trouble
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »
The monitors are three years old.  They are each on a monitor arm on my dental chairs.  There are no magnets around that I am aware of.  There is no internet connection, and no changes to the system that I am aware of.  I have not tried attaching my laptop to the monitor yet.