Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Is this a good bang for the buck

Yes
5 (55.6%)
No
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 6400  (Read 2743 times)

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 6400
    « on: June 03, 2006, 03:34:35 PM »
    Hi guys n gals i am so happy that i have been visiting these awesome forums in most recent days. All the genuine help and comments i have received here have helped me decide what was best suited for me. I finally decided to purchase a Dell Inspiron 6400 with the following specs. Please tell me what you think of my buys, was it a good deal or a bad deal

Intel CORE DUO T2300(1.66GHZ 2mb cache/667 MHz FSB)
    Windows Xp Home
    15.4 Inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife
    1GB DDR2 SDRAm at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
    80 GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    8x Cd/DVD Burner with double-layer DVD+R write capability
    256 ATU Mobility Radeon X1400 HyperMemory
    80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primar Battery
    Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
    Intel Pro/Wireless 3978 802.11a/g Mini card (54 Mbps)
    Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal (2.0 Enhanced Data Rate)
    Nylon Backpack Carrying Case
    90 Watt space AC adapter
    1 Year return tp depot service with 1 year yech support
    Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio

Configured Cost = $1529 + Tax = $1758.35
    Final Cost =  $1,365 inc tax
    Savings = $393.35
    The time i spent to get this deal = Priceless

So i ordered this on Monday May 29,2006 and the estimate delivery date is set to June 9,2006. Now i would appreciate any comments and suggestions regarding this. Also i would like to know is that is the estimate date by any chance accurate ? Or do they always delay it ? Thx in advance

GX1_Man

Re: Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 6400
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 04:35:47 PM »
    Sounds like a great machine at a good price. Usually they are pretty close on the shipping estimates.

As a rule I never get an extended warranty, but in the case of a $1300+ laptop I would consider it.

sliver

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 05:06:42 PM »
    I would say that looks like a sweet deal you're gettin' there buddy.

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »
      Heehee yea makes me feel even better after reading your feedback. Oh btw the whole price is Canadian Dollars  ;D

hyperhedron

Intermediate
      • Hilarity Ensues.
        « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 09:01:51 PM »
        cana... canadi.. CANADIAN DOLLARS? i am an aussie and still i know what this means. that is an incredible deal. normally i wouldn't go for a dell, because the lower end ones are usually badly put together, but this soulds great!
        "question" is not an adequate topic name!

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:36:01 PM »
          Thx for the replies guys n gals. I am quite disappointed in Dell atm as i have been checking the status for my order online since i ordered it. I didn't see any info regarding my order online for the first two days, but after speaking to a rep. about it, she got it going. So i checked my status everyday for uptil Friday and the order went into production that day and everything was going smooth, until i checked my order status on Saturday it gave me this message

"Delivery date of your product might have been changed.
          This could have been prompted by the following circumstances:

* Mismatch between billing and credit card information.
              * A system issue that interrupted the order entry flow

If the above occurred as a result of mismatched billing information, you will be contacted directly by one of our representatives within the next 2-3 business days.
          If this does not happen, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or at 1(800)847-4096"

First thing i did was call that number and to my surprise the offices are closed on weekends what a co-incidence eh ? So i have emailed the above mentioned department demanding an explanation as i had made sure on many occassions with different reps. and its cannot be a "Mismatch between billing and credit card information". I have also emailed the sales rep. i got this laptop from. It's Sunday evening and i havent heard from either of them and i am so pissed at the moment because of this. I mean if anything like this was supposed to happen why not on Friday or Thursday ? Why on a Saturday when their offices are closed ? It just is too much of a co-incidence much like planned wouldnt ya say ? I have lost 2 days because of this and i am very unhappy with how things are going now as i might have to wait a week or so longer to get my laptop which i desperately need !!! It's just not fair  :'(

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 06:23:34 PM »
            Apparently for some kind of internal mistake/error or shortage of product, they had to cancel almost 2000 inspiron orders and re-order them. I was never notified of this and wouldnt have known if it wasnt for me to keep on calling them each day and bugging them about the status. I have said to them a thing or two which they will remember for future references ( i submitted a feedback form to the headquarters regarding this issue and how the customers are unaware of this sort of delay) Now my delivery has been delayed to 13th June which is a Tuesday and 4 days after the first delivery date. Now i am even more pissed in Dell and kinda hate them for doing this. But oh well i am not the only one suffering or am i  :'(

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »
            They probably had a delay from a supplier. It happens. Just look forward to getting a great machine.

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
              « Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:03:40 AM »
              I understand what your saying GX1_Man, but i am just so disappointed as i had very high hopes that i wouldnt have a single problem with Dell, after reading how poor their overall service is. I wanted the laptop desperately and wanted it ASAP as its one of a lifetime experience for me Embarassed Lols i have been calling them atleast twice each day since last week to get satisfied by the work they are doing on my laptop rofl   ;D