Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express acting "buggy"  (Read 1784 times)

txgroomer70

Outlook Express acting "buggy"
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »
Well I posted a little over a week ago about my computer shutting of months ago and having to add another powersupply box, then couldn't get my PC to boot all the way up, it kept completely locking up at certain points of the boot up process.  I attempted a system restore and even booting up in safe mode and always ended up locking up.  Don't know what I did, but I must have hooked up something wrong when I installed the new powersupply box but it's working now..but not great.   ANYWAYZZZ..getting on to the next problem... I have now.  Well it slows down a lot when running certain programs and now when I open Outlook and click on an email.. I don't want to open it just preview it in the preview pane, but just by clicking on it it randomly opens emails all the way.  Then when I go to delete them it sometimes delete 2 and 3 emails at a time..randomly again!  Even when going to newsgroups it randomly opens the posts in seperate windows.  I've done a virus scan.. no viruses, ran spyware cleaned that up.. any other suggestions?  I don't have a name "Brand" computer, this one was built for me, so there is no rescue disk and my ex took off the WINXP CD.. grr!!!!  any suggestions greatly appreaciated in advance!

Beth
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 07:40:57 PM by txgroomer70 »

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Outlook Express acting "buggy"
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:08:52 AM »
    Aquire a copy of XP and reinstall,

al tho it sounds like your PC is sorta lagging when it gets commands from your keyboard and mouse , so id check all the connections , take the whole thing apart , then only but in the very basic parts , and test it, then put all the outher parts in and see if theres a problem
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Outlook Express acting "buggy"
    « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:14:24 AM »
    Can you post a link to the previous discussion you mentioned, so we don't have to go searching for it?  Aside from the problems you're having when using OE, I have the impression your computer is still not working right.

And, I think you're going to have to resolve an issue of ownership concerning a Windows CD.   If your ex is using that CD for his computer, one of you is probably going to have problems in the future getting Windows updates because one of you is in violation of the software license agreement.  In other words, you can't legally install Windows on multiple computers and the activation/validation procedures will, at some point in time, flag one of the systems as being illegal.  One of the recent Windows updates was a validation tool that verifies whether you have a legal installation of Windows.  If the Windows CD was originally installed on your computer, then you ex should be the one that encounters a problem.  You might point this out to him and try to get the CD back.