Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Trouble  (Read 2286 times)

glebgorkhover

Computer Trouble
« on: June 06, 2006, 05:37:02 PM »
For about two months, my computer started making loud beeping/screaching noises whenever I try to run multiple programs at once. The programs also begin to slow down and freeze. I think the noises are coming from the hard drive but not 100% percent sure. Can someone help me identify from where this problem is coming from and how I can fix it.

Thanks,

Gleb

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer Trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 05:48:28 PM »
We will need more information. When did this start? Have you made any changes to your system recently? Which operating system are you using?

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »
Well we can't see  or hear it so how about opening the case for a closer  listen? If necessary unplug the hard drive and see if it stops. It could be a heat sensor warning also. More information from you is needed.

homer

Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 06:38:21 PM »
    im pretty dam sure its ur harddrive...ive been there.

but just to make sure u might wanna do what has been suggested.

glebgorkhover

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 08:37:19 PM »
    I did not make any changes to my computer since I bought it at the store. In the beginning, the computer did not make any noises, but started about two months ago.

I did open the computer before and I think it was coming from the hard drive. The thing that is puzzling to me is that the computer starts to freeze up after I start running a few programs like Mircosoft Excel and ITunes. I don't know that much about computers, but I always though that RAM and not the Hard Drive is involved after programs are open.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 11:09:54 PM »
       glebgorkhover........
      but I always though that RAM and not the Hard Drive is involved after programs are open.
         The hard drive is involved with pretty much everything you do on the computer . The entire operating system is on the hard drive ....... If I were you I'd be saving anything you dont wish to loose and rush out and buy a new hard drive ....it sounds very much like that one is about ready to go .

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 11:10:30 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
        « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »
        Your HDD could very Well be Dieing ,

But i could also be that you have som much crap runnig on your Computer that you dont have enuph ram to hold it all and its spilling over into VM on the  HDD , and its making it work way to hard and hence nosiey this thye of thing will kill your HDD if it hasent already.

So you need to give the nice people here a better look at your pc

a "Hijack this" log would be nice
        Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice