Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: processor upgrade question  (Read 1755 times)

twiztid187

processor upgrade question
« on: June 07, 2006, 04:01:13 AM »
I have a very simple question. My computer is quite antiquated by todays standards and I am in the process of upgrading. My first priority is to get a new processor, the processor I am currently using is an Intel Pentium MMX 82439tx 233 megahertz. My problem is how do I find out how many pins my motherboard supports so i can upgrade to a newer CPU. If you need more info let me know and I will be glad to find out, any input would be greatly appreciated.        

Thanx

GX1_Man

Re: processor upgrade question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:08:15 AM »
If you have a Pentium I - 233 that is probably as high as that motherboard can support.TO find out for sure we would need to know the exact motherboard model. That could be found by running Everest Home.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Frankly a new motherboard would be required, then a new processor, then the different type of memory that would be required, then a hard drive that could keep up with it, a new power supply unit to run it, etc. You would be better served getting a newer machine rather than trying to upgrade this, cost wise.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 04:09:27 AM by GX1_Man »

twiztid187

Re: processor upgrade question
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:20:46 AM »
thank you for the link. I will run the program and get back to you with the info that you asked for.