Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound and music stutters  (Read 2416 times)

Rosbif

Sound and music stutters
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:41:30 AM »
Hi,
for about a month the sound playing on my computer like music or anything has started making a horrible sound like stuttering and slowing down every now and again, and it's when something is happening like a scan or sometimes if I open up a programme or a page, until the scan's finished or the page has loaded. Because of this I just have to pause the track and wait :-/

Does anyone have any idea why it's happening or how to stop it ?
Thanks

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Sound and music stutters
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:59:48 AM »
    id say your computer is just overloaded whit extra programs and hasnt got enuph runtime left for music

id try to get rid of extra background programs ,

also run and Anti Vrius, and some anti spy ware, addware and mal ware programs

for example

AVG :antivirus
    Ewidow :Anti Malware
    Spybot SD : Anti Spyware
    Ad Aware :Anti Adware
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

SilentAssasin64

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
    I had the same problem.  Reloading your Audio Drivers or Updating them to the latest version should do it.  Worked for me.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:26:51 PM by SilentAssasin64 »
    Back In The Game

Rosbif

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 05:52:38 AM »
    Ah I see, could someone explain how I go about that then ?
     :-? :)

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 08:42:12 AM »
      its Easy to Reinstall Drivers , All you need is to have the original Disk.

The lay out i differnt on every driver disk so i cant tell you where exalty to look.
      but the windows wizzard will have no problem finding them

just put the CD in your computer If it autoruns  there may nice easy steps to follow , IE, click a button call'ed  "install SoundCard/audio driver"
      if there is great that will do all the work for you

or else use Device manager.

Go into Control Panel , then open System, click the "hardware" tab
      and then the "Device Manager Button"

In the list youll need to find "Sound,bla bla bla"
      under that you will find lots of things that dont make any sence, but your looking for the one that has the same name as on your sound card box or computer spec sheet.

then right click and update driver, it will send you trought the wizzard to install devices.

just go trought the Wizzard and follow the instrstions and you should be ok. if not come back for help ^.^
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

Rosbif

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 11:15:13 AM »
      I have other problems related to this. It's not just music and sound that stutters but also my mouse gets jerky when I move it, or other things are jerky when they open up such as pages or images etc. So I guess it's my computer in general behaving like this, not just my sound. It's not all the time, just when a scan is going or when an update is being downloaded or something like that as I said above, or even when a little conversation box pops up when I'm on MSN. It happened pretty much over night. Are there any other suggestions ?
      « Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:17:58 AM by Rosbif »

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:00:07 PM »
      Tell us about the computer, RAM, O/S, and check for running processes at startup through Task Manager.

Are you sure you are malware free? What protection are you using

How much free space is on the hard drive? Have you cleaned it up and defragged lately?
      « Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:00:54 PM by GX1_Man »