Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power Save Mode  (Read 2215 times)

bmacrthy

Power Save Mode
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:39:02 AM »
I am having a computer problem that I have never seen before so i am wondering if someone can help me out with this. Whenever I start the machine after it has not been on for a while, it will automatically go into "power save mode" without even booting into windows. After about 5 or 6 times of booting the system, sometimes it will boot into windows, but it is very inconsistant. After I am able to boot into windows, I have no problem with the computer until i let it sit for a while (usually the next morning). I was able to call dell and have them send a power supply, but I am still getting the same problem. I have checked all of the BIOS settings and all of them seem to be on the right settings. I have also ran diagnostics and everything was clean. Anybody have a clue about what the problem might be?

GX1_Man

Re: Power Save Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 03:36:35 PM »
How about some details on the machine, age, operating system, is it still under warranty, when this started, etc. Not enough information given as is.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 03:37:00 PM by GX1_Man »