Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Doesn't Load  (Read 3999 times)

drew2822000

Windows Doesn't Load
« on: June 12, 2006, 03:08:11 PM »
Hi,
   About a week ago I restarted my computer and when I tried to turn it back on I get a black screen which starts out saying " We apologize for the incovenience but, Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this...."

It then gives me 5 options how to start windows

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Know Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

The default is at "Start Windows Normally" and at the bottom it says "Seconds untill Windows starts: 25"

The 25 will count down. If I press Enter to select Start Windows Normally the counter just freezes. But will eventually load the normal Startup Page which Says Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition and has the progress bar at the bottom. After about 10 seconds. The computer restarts itself and the loop continues

If I use the arrow keys to scroll to a different option. The thing that says "Seconds untill Windows starts:" disapears. When I press Enter nothing happends. After about 2 minutes the Startup screen will load and then the computer restarts.

Please help me to figure out what may have caused this and how I could fix it.

Thanks

BerkG87

Re: Windows Doesn't Load
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:22:30 PM »
What happense when you select Last Known Good Configuration and did you install any new hardware or updated any software recently?

drew2822000

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »
I didn't install any hardware or software recently. That is why this struck me as odd. When I select last know good configuration, the computer freezes and about 2 minutes later the logo screen appears and then the computer restarts again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:24:02 AM by drew2822000 »

drew2822000

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:47:29 AM »
Can some1 plz help me?

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:06 PM »
There's a lot of reading for you here. Did you even do a search on this forum?

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1150079662

Try this for starts

drew2822000

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »
I was looking at other posts to see if I could resolve my problem there. I was going to create a Windows boot disk, however the computer that I would use it on doesn't have a floppy disk drive. Is there a way to create a boot disk with a CD?

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »
What version of Windows? If XP it can boot itself into a repair console.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you just want a boot disk, they are free at www.bootdisk.com

I don't know that this will help, but....