Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A G P  ?  (Read 2826 times)

Buzzyonthelake

A G P  ?
« on: June 15, 2006, 07:46:29 PM »
I recently downloaded EVEREST to find out what my computer was made of.  Never saw so many references to Duct Tape.   :D   Just kidding.  One disturbing thing tho, . . .   it says my AGP is 'disabled'  and may cause a performance penalty.   Can't  have that, . . but have no clue as to how to 'ENABLE'  it.  Or do I even have one of IT.  what ever it is.  Something to buy ?  Or can I just Click something and make my machine run better ?????   Please don't use big words.  Thx.  Buzzy

GX1_Man

Re: A G P  ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:47:07 PM »
What video adapter is there? Onboard or an add in card? What type?

Buzzyonthelake

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:53:04 PM »
An adapter I bought new for a previous computer,  brought forward to this newer computer which was garage built.  NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128Mb. Dual.
I run two screens off of this computer, as I did the previous.  Has always worked well.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:56:59 PM »
Is it an AGP card or a PCI card? The onboard video, if present,could be the AGP that is being referenced. Without details, we can only guess.

What is the computer or motherboard make/model?

Buzzyonthelake

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
Motherboard  ASUS A7M266-M   Chipset  AMD-760

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:53 PM »
ASUS site sucks, and I think I researched this with you in the past. Does it have onboard video? Dows the blue 15 pin video port reside on the motherboard, or in an expansion slot? You don't even have to open the case.

Buzzyonthelake

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:58:54 PM »
Please keep in mind that you're talking' to a dufuss here.  I see a Blue 15 pin port in the back of the case,  in the same general area as a red & yellow one . . . .and close to where the ethernet cable, mouse & keyboard plug in.  NOTHING is plugged into the Blue, Red or Yellow . (?).    The two monitors are plugged into the Dual Port Nvidia card in an expansion slot.   (????)

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »
So it sounds like you have onboard AGP video. That may be disabled when an AGP card is plugged in there. If not it may be able to be disabled in the BIOS. The program may just be reading that the onboard AGP is disabled, as you would expect. Are you having problems? If not, I wouldn't worry about that.

Did Everest spot your nVidia card?

Buzzyonthelake

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:14:47 PM »
Yes.  Everest picked up on all the Nvidia stuff.  Not having problems, . . just thought it might run even better..  Thanks.  Going to work now.

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 11:15:45 PM »
Glad to put your mind at ease.  ;)