Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screens Jumping  (Read 2051 times)

CBPax

Screens Jumping
« on: June 28, 2006, 06:27:35 PM »
Startup was normal this morning and later in the day all my screens (internet, email (OE), Works, even msconfig files -everything with words I think) started "jumping" (I get motion sick even looking at
the computer.  I'm typing on a laptop.  It's like the vertical hold needs adjusting but I don't think the computer HAS a vertical hold does it?  (I am semi-computer illiterate).  
I am up to date with Norton Antivirus - ran a scan and it's fine.   Pestcontrol doesn't find any
spyware or hijackers either.
Anyone have any solutions here??  I want my computer back!
Chris

GX1_Man

Re: Screens Jumping
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 06:34:46 PM »
What are the specifics on the machine and how old is it? If it is still under warranty I would contact the manufacturer. There are very few user servicable aspects to a laptop. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the video drivers, but that's about it. It sounds hardware related.

CBPax

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »
My laptop is fine.  It's my PC (Insignia) and of course it's out of
warranty.  I thought video driver too but was hoping something
simple might fix it.  Computer is only a couple of years old though.
Chris

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »
Since it is a desktop you should then try another monitor on that machine and try that monitor on another machine to isolate where the problem is.

CBPax

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »
Good idea  - thanks! Chris