Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook template behind voting button  (Read 2783 times)

jistan

Outlook template behind voting button
« on: July 06, 2006, 06:44:42 AM »
Hi all,

Ok my problem is that I have a template that I am to send to a user with voting buttons on it. I then want the user to click a voting button and fill out details on this template. The problem comes on the reply from the user, it returns a blank email so the original template is not shown and the user can not enter details on the template.

Does anybody know of a way in which you can make outlook import the message body(my template) from the original message into the message body of the voting response? I don't mind messing with code, I have a bit of experience with VBA in word and Excel.

Many thanks,

Jamie

jistan

Re: Outlook template behind voting button
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 07:28:45 AM »
Ok folks it appears i posted a bit early on here, I have managed to resolve this myself. I found an article that was similar to my problem on another forum and luckily their solution can be adapted for my needs. The article was http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-msg-voting-buttons-Wdocument-updated-retu-ftopict707186.html.

Cheers,

Jay

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
    « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »
    Good for you and thanks for posting back.  ;)
    Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »
    Of course this is only useful where you can guarantee that the other user is using Outlook.

If you want to use this kind of functionality within a business context incidentally, you might find that Microsoft's Infopath is right up your street.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos