Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: emachines!!  (Read 1918 times)

gtoman

emachines!!
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »
i have an emachines T6528 and a T2040. I've tried to download several linux os's and never can open them!  when one of them start downloading a windows icon is shown and after the download is done it won't open!! says something like "windows can't open this program". well, i bought a toshiba laptop and went to the download ubuntu 6.0 website and it's downloading an ISO file which is what it HAS TO BE! why wont emachines download ISO's???

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: emachines!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 09:41:04 AM »
Do you know for a fact that your download attempts stopped before the file was completely downloaded?  I don't think that's what you're saying, is it?  

I believe you do not understand what to do with the ISO file once you've downloaded it.  You have to burn it to a CD.  This creates a bootable CD.  

GX1_Man

Re: emachines!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:19:42 PM »
You can't just copy an ISO file to a CD. You also can't run it from your working Windows machine. It has to boot from the CD you make from the ISO file. It also has absolutely NOTHING to do with an eMachine.

Have a read:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+burn+ISO
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:20:22 PM by GX1_Man »