Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WiFi Ethernet Adapter/Bridge  (Read 3017 times)

zieg72

WiFi Ethernet Adapter/Bridge
« on: July 14, 2006, 09:17:25 AM »
Hello,  I travel on my job and frequent many hotels/motels and just about all of them offer wireless.  Some offer an adapter that I use my ethernet connection and power the adapter by a USB port.  Those work great.  Most do not.  Is there a universal one that is on the market that will work with all systems that is compact in a zippered case?  I have been researching this for 2 hours and don't seem to get anywhere.  Thanks in advance.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: WiFi Ethernet Adapter/Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 09:23:20 AM »
A 802.11g PCMCIA adapter should work with pretty much any wireless system out there, apart from the really esoteric ones.  Go for a brand name adapter for a better experience...
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

zieg72

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »
A 802.11g PCMCIA adapter should work with pretty much any wireless system out there, apart from the really esoteric ones.  Go for a brand name adapter for a better experience...
What are your thoughts on this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280007729551&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
How about a Linksys, Netgear or DLink frrom newegg.com for the same price or less. That's what he meant by brand name.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 07:02:35 PM by GX1_Man »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 03:04:07 AM »
Quite.  Who the *censored* are ZyXEL?  ;)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos