Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard Needs to be Flashed?  (Read 3621 times)

Nites2k

Motherboard Needs to be Flashed?
« on: July 14, 2006, 04:47:27 PM »
So with help i have gotten a new computer built but i have found i huge error wit the computer that im not sure what to do about. I have installed a dual core processor on the motherboard when it first needs to be flashed by a single core processor.

At first the computer worked fine then now it crashes constantly i cant do anything on the computer for no longer then 15 to 30 mins without it crashing to a blue scrn

Is it too late for me to flash the motherboard with a single core and then reinstalling the dual core or would it be better just to buy another motherboard that supports dual and installed my all my other hardware onto that?

Thanks..

GX1_Man

Re: Motherboard Needs to be Flashed?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »
I would go ahead and try that. Nothing to lose, eh? There may be other issues here, since apparently that is a new build. Do we get a hint on the components?

Nites2k

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 07:09:14 PM »
O yea sure sry about that,

ECS 945P-A (1.1) ATX Intel Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Radeon X800GTO2 100130SR Deluxe Video Card
Intel Pentium D 820 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core, EM64T Processor

Is there other stats you need?

O so its ok to just replace the motherboard even if i have already ran the computer, will the data on my HD be still there too?

Thanks for the quick reply

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 07:26:31 PM »
Data is only stored on the hard drive, not the motherboard. Why are you in a hurry to replace it?

Nites2k

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:12:28 AM »
well its my only good computer and i use it for school and gaming....

So its ok to just replace the motherboard? what ones would u recommend for my stats?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 07:42:53 AM »
I don't know that the motherboard needs to be replaced and tossed, but whatever you get, make sure it is compatible with your other components.

What is the computer to be used for - heavy gaming? What is the budget?

Have you looked at www.newegg.com?

Nites2k

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »
All the parts are compatible, i know that the only problem that causing it to reset is because it needs to be flashed by a single core processor

I use it for mostly school and gaming.

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »
Is there a local shp that could do that for you? It seems a waste to get a whole new motherboard IF that is the only issue.

Nites2k

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »
I actually found the motherboards website where i think i can flash or change the BIO's but im not sure what to do

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?DetailID=525&DetailNa me=BIOS&DetailDesc=945P-A(V1.1)&MenuID=35&LanID=0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 11:29:22 AM by Nites2k »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »
Flashing the BIOS with the wrong info can get you a dead MBoard...be careful, and read as much as you can.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Nites2k

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
i do mean flashing the bios up to dual core sry bout that but i tried that program and it worked in a since, computer starts, but now at boot i get "CMOS Checksum Bad" and then it gives me option to go into the configuration and i actually called up a friend that could help and we tried changing everything in the CMOS configuration to the right settings but it doesnt work, the changes i make never save even if i do "save and exit". So the computer is stuck at "CMOS Checksum Bad" my friend nor I have any clue how 2 correct that problem.

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 01:11:17 PM »
Did you try Google? I did. and there are a lot of links:

Here's one:
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/booterrGBER08-c.html

And here's some more:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BAd+checksum+CMOS

Nites2k

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 09:05:53 PM »
no not really think of that ill search through now.... thanks