Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 Address Book empty  (Read 2603 times)

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Outlook 2003 Address Book empty
    « on: July 19, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »
    I've been using OUTLOOK 2003 in my desktop for years. Because o traveling needs I bought an Acer laptop, I made and Outlook backup in the desktop HD, copied it in the laptop's one and imported it using the Outlook's 'Import and Export' function. Everything was OK for several days, but something happened because I found that Address Book file (the book icon) is empty but the Contacts one (personal card icon) is full.

Whenever I click on the Address Book icon (book), I got message "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this list could not be opened..."

If I click OK in that message, I got "A new entry could not be added. Please use the Contacts module to create this entry". So I'm not even allowed to do it manually.

Does any one know how can I populate back the Address Book?

GX1_Man

Re: Outlook 2003 Address Book empty
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 04:47:36 PM »
    Did you save the backup file that you used? I always store the most recent one on a floppy.

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:56:26 PM »
      Looks like your address book has gone corrupted.

Delete it and then create a new one.
      Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 04:07:34 AM »
      Close Outlook.  Go to the Control Panel-->Mail.  Remove and re-add the personal folder files, for email and contacts.  You may find that the problem is now fixed.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos