Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Drive Wont Read Disc's  (Read 2611 times)

fullbug

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Drive Wont Read Disc's
    « on: July 26, 2006, 12:27:26 PM »
    Right out of the blue, my C drive wont read discs, music, software or otherwise, this has never happened before, before posting this I have run all kinds of virus programs, any suggestions? I am on Wondows XP.....

GX1_Man

Re: Drive Wont Read Disc's
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »
    The C Drive is a hard drive. If you can't read a disc in an optical drive that is another matter. Please list a lot more specifics like what drive you were trying to access, etc. See below.

fullbug

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 01:06:01 PM »
      See below what?
      I dont understand what you want to know, C drive is the one that runs disc's, ect, I have a 'F' drive but that doesnt come into play here, what do you mean? :-?

johnchain

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 02:05:41 PM »
      What it looks like to me from looking at the same error messages on google, it regards optical drives. Yet I believe he receives this error when clicking on the Hard Disk C drive. Maybe some new installations of some sort have interfered with the drive configuration making the C: drive in My Computer lead into some fake or non existant drive.

It can't really be something wrong with the actual hard disk if he can still run anti-virus programs.

That's my best guess. Try to remember the last thing you did before it happened. Or remember the date it started happening and go for a System Restore, which would maybe ensure whether it is a software related issue.