Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Signal on monitor  (Read 2997 times)

SPEC4

No Signal on monitor
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »
My computer is unable to boot or do anything.  If I remeber right it is a AMD proccessor, PC266 motherboard ( I am using built in monitor connection).  have 512 mb RAM, and a 200 gigabyte HDD.  The computer will turn on and the hard drive starts to spin and even the CD drive will start to spin but nothing else happens.  When reset button is pressed the monitor screen will refresh to another black screen just like before pressing the button.  I have tried monitor on another computer and it works and I have even put in a new graphics card and tried to run it but still the same thing.  Please help!!!

SPEC4

Re: No Signal on monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 10:23:30 PM »
Magically my computer will start the normal warming up process but doesn't do anything else and I have a new monitor and a new graphics card that I know that work on another computer that don't seem to work on this one.  Please Help

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 01:57:31 AM »
    Does your computer Make any Beeping sounds?
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 03:41:04 AM »
    What happened prior to this? It was all fine and then suddenly POOF! or what? How old is the machine? Any power surges lately?

SPEC4

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:30 PM »
    There were no beeps when starting up hard drive still spinns and if there is a CD in the CD player it will spin also but no other activity on the monitor.  The computer is getting close to a year old and the only thing that I have done with it is changed to a faster processor motherboard is fine with the 266 FSB.  SORRY about forgetting to mention that before and thank you for the quick replies.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »
    What happened prior to this? It was all fine and then suddenly POOF! or what? How old is the machine? Any power surges lately?

SPEC4

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 05:37:50 PM »

I wanted to upgrade the processor on the computer.  nothing happened before this.  and no power surges at anytime.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 05:40:17 PM »
      Ever since the new processor, has it worked at all? Double check it is fitted correctly, fan running.

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 06:07:22 PM »
      I wanted to upgrade the processor on the computer.  nothing happened before this.  and no power surges at anytime.

Do you think these are related? I do. See, this should have been in the original post 5 days ago.

What about the specifics on the motherboard and processor.
      « Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:07:59 PM by GX1_Man »