Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 - email signatures  (Read 3337 times)

Amandaf

Outlook 2003 - email signatures
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:18:54 AM »
Hi

I hope that someone can help. We are trying to use Outlook email signatures in our office and are experiencing problems with the font changing. The signature is set up to be Arial 10. The message font is set up to be Arial 10. Yet the first and last lines of the signature change to Times New Roman 12 when used. I have tried this on different machines and it happens on all of them, although on a couple the font size is different but always Times New Roman. I believe there must be an additional formatting option where it is set to Times New Roman but I cannot find this despite looking for what seems like hours. We are set to use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Amanda

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Outlook 2003 - email signatures
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:18:41 AM »
Is Times New Roman the default font for the body of your email?  How many lines are in your signature?  Please state the exact sequence of steps you use to create or edit a signature.  I have no problem controlling font in a signature, using Word as the email editor.

Amandaf

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:52:10 AM »
No the default font in under mail format in Outlook is Arial 10. To create the signature we go into Signatures, New, Advanced Edit and then create the signature in Word. We type the text choose the font, size and colour and insert our company logo as a small image. The fonts pretty much always remain as Arial when we create a new email but the first and last lines nearly always change. Sometimes it may change size but will regularly change font to Times New Roman. On occasion it will not change but this tends to be when we respond to certain emails.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »
Well, I have no idea where you're getting that Signatures, New, Advanced Edit sequence.  It doesn't exist in Outlook or Word.  Where are you getting that?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:56:10 PM »
The answer lies with email stationery/templates.  Look in the online help.  There are some HTML files that you can tweak to change the default typefaces.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos