Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help finding drivers for USB drive  (Read 2141 times)

Allochthonous

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Need help finding drivers for USB drive
    « on: September 03, 2006, 03:27:45 PM »
    I just bought an Ativa 512 MB USB drive (on sale for $15 at Office Depot). Apparently this is an Office Depot brand. I was looking for a good deal on a drive that I could use to make a keychain "toolbox" and this seemed to fit the bill - small, attached cap, etc.  It had U3 software installed. On the back of the package, it simply said that the U3 software needed Win 2000, XP but that on other OS's it would behave like a normal USB drive. This seemed ambiguous as to its Win98 compatibility. I would prefer that it be compat with 98, ME, 2000, and XP for maximum versatility.  

I asked a worker at Office Depot if he knew anything about them, and he said yes - he had one in fact. When i asked about Win98 drivers, he told me that there are Win98 USB mass storage device drivers at Microsoft.com. I always thought that they were device manufacturer specific.  He assured me that it would work, and even said that he has done so.

Long story short, I can't find Win98 drivers ANYWHERE.  I even removed the U3 software thinking that would help - NOPE.

Arrgh.....I ususually never listen to salespeople, but this guy said he has done it.

Can anyone help me?  Should I take it back or just give up on Win98 compatibility at this point?

PK

Allochthonous

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: Need help finding drivers for USB drive
      « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »
      I think I found them:

http://www.supportusb.com/

Seem to work anyway...thank goodness.

PK