Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help installing the Sims Deluxe please  (Read 4475 times)

Galinda119

I need help installing the Sims Deluxe please
« on: September 23, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »
Hello,
  I have the Sims Deluxe version for my Windows 2000. I hated an expansion and uninstalled the whole thing now I re-install and it goes through the steps, the game loads then after it says "Adjusting Emotional Weights" I am returned to my desktop. I have tried Sims Eraser but it didn't work and it took me 2 hours to get the Sims Eraser.  It's my favorite game and I don't want to buy a new one at this point. We hired a computer guy and he didn't do anything to help.  Well, he did but I guess it didn't work. If anyone has any ideas I would be so happy, thanks.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: I need help installing the Sims Deluxe please
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 04:59:37 PM »
    I doubt buying a new copy of the game will work.

What is Sims Eraser and what does it do? How did you uninstall it, using the offical uninstaller? What exactly did this computer guy do?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
    You hired someone to make The Sims work?  :-?

Galinda119

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 05:37:38 PM »
    The Sim Eraser is supposed to get rid of everything Sims in your computer so that way it will work if it says you can't reinstall because it's already installed even though it's not installed which I guess happens sometimes. I know confusing but I can't think of a better way to explain it.  Then you get Sim Eraser which wipes all Sims from the registry or something like that. I unistalled it using the official uninstaller  because I went to Add/Change Programs on my computer and uninstalled it from there. And it said uninstallation complete.

I didn't hire a computer guy to fix Sims he was suppposed to fix my internet which had spyware at the time. He also installed a pop-up blocker and such.  I just asked if he could fix Sims to. He said he did but he didn't, I think he just re-installed it. Trust me I wouldn't spend money on it if I could figure it out by myself which I'm failing at obviously .  :) It's just getting tiresome is all. And I figured someone might know what to do because I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thanks for replying though.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 04:59:19 AM »
    Uninstall everything related to the Sims and use a registry cleaner:

Crap Cleaner

Then use RegCleaner on top of it to remove any remaining The Sims entries.

Also download and install the latest drivers available for your videocard, soundcard and perhaps even chipset.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »
      Do you have the latest patches installed? Try installing the expansion pack again. Perhaps the registry junk left behind only recognises the expanded edition?

JPH

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 06:16:06 AM »
        IIRC, The Sims Deluxe Edition is simply The Sims + Livin' Large Expansion.
        Download the official DE Patch from here. (*requires registration)
        *Note: You must run the game at least once before installing the patch.