Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Access - possible to automate converted macro?  (Read 2342 times)

Hu

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Access - possible to automate converted macro?
    « on: October 18, 2006, 11:46:18 PM »
    Microsoft Access - with a macro named as "autoexec" we can automatically save a report in the pc.

Per the Access's menu - have converted the macro to visual basic.

Have tried to automate the converted macro so as to automatically save a report but not successful. Is it possible?, If possible wonder whats are the steps?

Thanks.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Access - possible to automate converted macro?
    « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 09:28:43 AM »
    I think your message is confusing, but maybe that's because I haven't used macros in Access.  I believe all Office macros are recorded in a Visual Basic file.  So, what do you mean by "converted the macro to visual basic"?  

In your first sentence, you said, "we can automatically save a report in the pc."   But, then you did this "conversion" and then you could not automatically save a report in the pc.  Sure seems like a contradiction.  And, based on what you've said, why do the "conversion" if it causes the "automatically save a report in the pc" to not work?

bdb04

Re: Access - possible to automate converted macro?
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:35:20 PM »
    Don't know how Access savvy you are but it is kind of strange to do what I am understanding you to do in the AutoExec.  Generally, the AutoExec is used to run code to initialize the database, set security, connect to an SQL box and/or then open the main form of the database.

What it sounds like what you want to do is automate the generation of a certain report that, I'm guessing, takes a long time to run.  What I generally do is do this through the Windows Task Scheduler.  You have it open the database and execute what you want it to do at a time when LAN/WAN resources are the least taxed.

I would start there if I were you.