Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mshtml.dll error  (Read 3289 times)

debgram

Mshtml.dll error
« on: October 19, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »
I can't click on any links so I can't even get into microsoft's community forum becasue when I click on links my page freezes.  I was using IE6 and thought by installing 7 would help but it seems worst.  I get this error when I try to register this file, mshtml.dll was loaded but the DLL registry server entry point was not found, can't be registered.  How do I fix this?

Raptor

Re: Mshtml.dll error
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 03:43:20 PM »
Scan you scan for Viruses and Spyware?

If you have allready done so, what have you used?

You should use Firefox in the future.

debgram

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 04:21:38 PM »
I just did a system restore from yesterday which had my IE6.  I then went and register all those files like this regsvr32 urlmon.dll and etc.  The mshtml.dll worked this time.  I was wondering if the IE 7 caused it?  I'm using Panda Interent Security suite 2007 trial to see if I like it.  I was using CA E Trust but thier new version of the firewall I didn't like.  The Panda uses more programs on startup but if it's better I guess I can live with it.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 04:32:06 PM »
I then went and register all those files like this regsvr32 urlmon.dll and etc

How did you do this?

I was wondering if the IE 7 caused it

Could be, people forget that its still in its BETA stage. It seems to be causing a lot of problems and it's not safe to try out because Internet Explorer is an integral part of Windows..

debgram

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »
I did this: RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps: 1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below): • Shdocvw.dll
• Actxprxy.dll
• Oleaut32.dll
• Mshtml.dll
• Browseui.dll
• Shell32.dll  

The problem was in IE7.  I installed IE7 again the problem came back so now I'm back to IE6

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 05:06:13 AM »
Like I said, IE is an integral part of Windows and you just can't be bothered using BETA versions.

I'd suggest switching to Firefox and leaving IE for what it is - worthless.  :)