Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Comp crashes to blue screen  (Read 3934 times)

kevvlar

Comp crashes to blue screen
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »
I am currently playing Dark Age of Camelot. My comp has an Asus m8r-mvp socket 939 motherboard, an amd 3200+ cpu, radeon x1600 512mb vid card, and 2G of pc3200 ram. It started about a month ago. The first few times it was days between crashes. Now as the days go by it's happening much much more frequently, to the point that now when I log into the game it's a max of about 5 min before it crashes. I built this comp back in july and have had no other problems with it, and it ONLY does this when i load into my game. I would appreciate any help and suggestions.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:14:53 PM by kevvlar »

Raptor

Re: Comp crashes to blue screen
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 12:08:50 AM »
Did you try patching it?

What are your temperatures at the time of the crash? Do you play any other heavy 3D games? (Assuming this is one of them)

kevvlar

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »
Yes, i've done the most recent patch. It was approx 60ish degrees in my house last nite, and the comp has way too many fans to have been overheated :). I have also done the option to do a complete file search to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. I can play City of Heroes/City of Villians just fine without any interruption, and that game seems to put a heavier burden on my video card than DAoC does. I was wondering if I may have just corrupted a file or something while I was searching online with the game running in the background (like if maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game would help, just don't want to if I don't have/need to as it's alot to reinstall and update all the patches in the process).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:23:49 PM by kevvlar »

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 12:00:07 AM »
I'd try reinstalling first.. There's really no point in putting too much time in trouble shooting games.

kevvlar

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:51:27 AM »
K, i'll try that over the weekend while i have the time