Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express 6  (Read 2579 times)

amea

Microsoft Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express 6
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:04:53 PM »
Compaq Presario AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+, 984 MHz, 1 Gig RAM
System:
Miscrosoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Ad-aware SE Personal
Mcafee Virus scan version 11

I would like to make Microsoft Outlook 2002 my default mail handler but all my incoming mails find their way into Outlook Express 6. I have already designated Microsoft Outlook 2002 as my default program (Tools-Options-Others-General-Checked the box for "Make Outlook the default program for email").  What else should I do?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express 6
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 01:15:06 PM »
I have already designated Microsoft Outlook 2002 as my default program (Tools-Options-Others-General-Checked the box for "Make Outlook the default program for email").  What else should I do?
Where is that?  Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs, and set Outlook as the E-mail program.

amea

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »
Problem not solved yet.
Thanks, soybean. I did just that - "Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs, and set Outlook as the E-mail program."  Then I sent test mails to myself from my Microsoft Outlook but all my incoming mails went straight to Outlook Express. .  What do you think is wrong here?

By the way, I also tried deleting my email accounts from Outlook Express, with the hope that all incoming mails will be "forced" to go to Microsoft Outlook, but no luck.  - this time i sent test mails to me from Microsoft Outlook, and still, no incoming mails went into Microsoft outlook.   Guys, I still need help.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:58:02 PM by amea »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:01:43 PM »
Review your email account settings in Outlook, particularly the Incoming Mail Server info.  And, use the Test Account Settings button in the email account settings panel to test your email account setup.  If it doesn't pass the test, then you need to change something.

amea

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »
THANKS SOYBEAN!
I changed both the incoming and outgoing server names because of the network router I use.  I then re-tested the settings, they came out OK.