Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office Prof 2000  (Read 2697 times)

providence1122

MS Office Prof 2000
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:05:12 AM »
Recently downloaded trial version of MS Office 2003 and when trial expired, my orig MS Office 2000 Prof will not work properply: Scripting and debug message error when trying to send docs via attachment/email.  I have uninstalled the trial version and my orig version and resintalled orig, MS Office Prof 2000 but nothing helps.  When reciepient opens attachment, there is nothing there; when I send attached docs to myself, I can't open and says " install a language pack in Korean" and says "Runtime error, do you wish to debug, Line 1, syntax error" :'(

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: MS Office Prof 2000
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:26:28 PM »
Well, you obviously created a mess for yourself.  Whatever you downloaded was not an official edition of MS Office 2003; MS Office 2003 simply is not distributed that way.  You have to buy it on CD.  

I'll suggest an initial procedure to try to resolve this; it may not work, but I suggest trying it and then, if it does not work, other measures will have to be taken.  Uninstall MS Office 2000 Prof again, download, install, and run CCleaner.  Use all the scans in CCleaner, the Windows scan, the Applications scan, and the Issues scan.  When CCleaner asks whether you want to back up your Registry before removing items found in the Issues scan, reply with Yes and do the backup.  Then, reinstall MS Office 2000 Prof and see whether it works.  

providence1122

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
cCLEANER DID NOT WORK, STILL GETTING SAME ERROR MESSAGES. :-[

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 06:48:31 PM »
I'm back up and running again and most definitely learned a lot through this process.  The only thing my ISP could tell me was to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows!  So I took off a week from work and spent 7-10 hours a day working on this system because I KNEW there was something that could be done to repair what had happened with this spyware.

I am still of the opinion that a good format and reinstall would better serve you in the long run. The problems just seem to go on and on....

providence1122

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »
To GX1_Man:  You are certainly correct in your analysis and protocol for a clean install.  But the more that I work with computers, the more I learn and this process certainly does pose quite a challenge some days.  

To Soybean:  I uninstalled MS Office 2000 and ran the ccleaner again...this time, it worked!!!! ;D

Thanks to ALL for their expertise!! ;)

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »
Carry on my wayward son.........

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:24 AM »
Glad to hear problem solved.  Keep CCleaner installed and use it periodically for disk cleanup and Registry cleaning (the Issues scan).  It's a good maintenance tool to help keep your computer performing at it's best.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 02:34:30 PM »
Carry on my wayward son.........

There'll be peace when you are done...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "