Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dvd door won't open  (Read 5990 times)

Morgan

dvd door won't open
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:12:11 AM »
I have a lite-on dvd rom. It is SOHW-1633s. I am running windows xp pro. When you press eject it tries to open but fails. Then it will load in explorer and show the info that is on the cd in the drawer.

Thank you in advance........Morgan

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: dvd door won't open
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:24:03 AM »
The emergency opener is a pinhole on the front of the drive....straighten out a paper clip and insert it into the hole with slight pressure.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Morgan

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:37:36 AM »
Thank you for the reply..........but it did not work

mikewithaprob

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »
I Don't know what you've done or not done yet so try this. Go into My Computer, Click on the drive, right click, then scroll down to eject or is that what you've been doing this whole time?

Morgan

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »
I tried that. I uninstalled it reinstalled it and it still won't open. The other day i was using it and now the frazzling thing won't open :-/

mikewithaprob

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:40:48 PM »
I have a lite-on dvd rom. It is SOHW-1633s. I am running windows xp pro. When you press eject it tries to open but fails. [highlight]Then it will load in explorer and show the info that is on the cd in the drawer.[/highlight]
Thank you in advance........Morgan
Are you saying there is a cd in the drive and you can't open it? If thats the case Then you'll have to do what patio said. Look for a small hole below the tray, and put a paper clip in there and manually open it. IF that doesnt work im sure there are plenty of Tutorials on how to open your drive manually on Google.

Morgan

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:16:40 PM »
well i searched it and i did everything that was suggested and all to no avail.....but lo and behold i just kept working with the button and the paper clip and it finally started opening and i kept working with and it started opening and now it opens every time i touch the button.(wonders for how long :-/)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
well i searched it and i did everything that was suggested and all to no avail.....but lo and behold i just kept working with the button and the paper clip and it finally started opening and i kept working with and it started opening and now it opens every time i touch the button.(wonders for how long :-/)

That Grasshopper is a mystery.Right hand open,Left hand close...When will hand fall off? :-? ;D

SNAP!
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

mikewithaprob

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
So Was there a disc actaully jammed in there? Or was it just not opening?