Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: looking to buy a laptop, need opinions  (Read 2341 times)

Griffin431

looking to buy a laptop, need opinions
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:53:38 PM »
im looking to buy a new laptop. I'm thinking about getting the one shown here...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-17-Widescreen-Notebook-PC-DV9060US/sem/rpsm/oid/162395/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

is this a good deal for what im looking to get? I want to get a really good laptop, but i dont want to get ripped off.

GX1_Man

Re: looking to buy a laptop, need opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:32:25 PM »
im looking to buy a new laptop. I'm thinking about getting the one shown here...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-17-Widescreen-Notebook-PC-DV9060US/sem/rpsm/oid/162395/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

[highlight]is this a good deal for what im looking to get? [/highlight]I want to get a really good laptop, but i dont want to get ripped off.

We don't know what you're looking for or what you are planning to do with it. The purpose and your budget wil be the basis for any recommendation. That's a big heavy machine. Are you planning on being a gamer? If you are just wanting Internet, e-mail and word processing, that's about 3 times what you would need to spend.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »
The immortal command here...more info.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Maksim

Hopeful
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 08:36:34 PM »
    Take a look here it is a laptop buying guide from cnet .. here is the link..
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7602_7-1016082-1.html

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 05:06:29 PM »
      Thats not such a good laptop.

The graphics card is only a low-end 7300 GT OC and the CPU is the lowest of the Mobile Core 2 Duo family @ 1.6Ghz and i doubt u can overclcok aswell as on a desktop PC.

RAM and HDD are great though, but the overall price isnt worth it anyway.

Laptops are very expensive in any case, and if ur looking for gaming (wich i assume u are, otherwise u wouldnt waste buying 2GB of DDR2-667 RAM and a Core 2 Duo) ur going to have to spend quite a lot.
      « Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 05:08:21 PM by Track »
      That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 05:34:16 PM »
      I don't think you can overclock an HP anyway due to the BIOS, and certainly not a laptop. However, I don't see anything to imply he would even know what that means.